Ways To Promote Your Event or Product Launch
Every year I embark on hosting a live telesummit that features 21 Top Female Entrepreneurs. The process takes months of planning, from putting up a list of potential speakers, sending out invitations, following up, dealing with the various teams to get everything in place before the main event, setting up a responsive website and of course the big one Marketing – Promoting Your Event.
In the last month. to the summit it becomes crazy; the only focus is the summit, the speakers and the designers and getting word out.
I have done this for 3 years and have loved the process, a lot of work – night and day – almost endless. This year I have a much larger and very proactive team and yet it seems like there is a lot more work to be done. Not sure why.
I would like to share with you some of the ways we are using to promote this Women in Business Online Event, as it may help you in promoting your event or product.
1. Keyword Research: We did an extensive keyword search to find out the best keywords for our target audience.
2. Google Adwords: We are using google adwords – This we track every day – we have found ways to avoid paying with our blood.
3. Video Marketing: We are also using youtube advertising so that our videos appear in stream, in searches and in display. These are the 3 ways YouTube advertises your video.
4. Social Media: The major social media platforms are all covered: Face book, LinkedIn, Google +, Twitter and Pinterest
You may follow us so you see exactly what we are doing: Just click on the links below.
Image credit: kovaleff / 123RF Stock Photo
5. Blogging: We are blogging every day until the end of the event which will give us over 30 blog posts.
6. Stumble Upon: We found out Stumble upon works really good and people are very responsive. After posting our blog we push it to stumble upon in the right category and as well as other social media platforms, giving the post visibility.
7. Craigslist: We used Craigslist – Classified ad site are very good for search engine ranking, since we have a short time to promote we need to quickly rank high on the search engines.
8. Slide Share: Slide share also is a lead generator: See what we have done here – Follow us and we will follow you back. http://www.slideshare.net/Coaching4Excellence
9. Mailing List: Emails have gone out to our mailing list. Your mailing list is very important; they give you the most support. If you haven’t began growing a list now is the time to consider doing that.
10. Affiliates: We have signed up a few affiliates and more people are joining our program. Affiliate support is better than mailing list support. They help you grow your business and earn in return. By recommendation we found a good affiliate management tool called Idevdirect
These are some of the ways we are spreading the word about our event. I hope this list will be helpful to you when considering a launch for your business or product. If you know of more ways do share in the comment box.
1. Share this event on social media platforms, tweeting:
[shaagi-button name=”Miki Strongs Free E-course. Title: Create Profitable Offers”]
2. Blogging or Writing an article about the event
3. Sign up as an affiliate: And just promote using the resources and instructions provided.
If you do decide to join us, do let me know so we can support you in return. We like to pay it forward.